Are you an experienced remotely piloted aircraft operator who has a passion for aviation and motorsport?
Since 2016, Alauda Aeronautics have been developing the world’s first electric flying racing car. Our reason for racing can be found in the simple truth that nothing drives innovation faster than competition. Our racing series – AIRSPEEDER, provides us with a platform for racing which will drive developments of new technology. Once upon a time, people fell in love with flying. We’re bringing that adoration back in the form of a new aerial motorsport that will kickstart a new era of aviation.
To test the developing technologies in the growing electric vertical take-off and lift (eVTOL) industry, Alauda is refining a high-performance version of its unmanned remotely piloted aircraft system (RPAS) to promote its innovative flying displays. With expansion of the team, a full-time opportunity for Chief Remote Pilot is now available, based from company headquarters in Adelaide, South Australia.
The Chief Remote Pilot provides regulatory and procedural leadership and guidance to the company and its team of Remote Pilots, ensuring compliance, training, and operational goals are achieved. You will oversee flying operations for Alauda, including the assessment of Remote Pilots to ensure readiness, and the safety, coordination and approval of flights during operational events. This role is also instrumental in providing input to the engineering team to refine the aircraft and its handling qualities.
- Ensuring that operations are conducted in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Maintaining qualification and training records for all Remote Pilots
- Monitoring and maintaining operational standards and supervising Remote Pilots who work under the authority of the Remote Operating Certificate
- Maintaining a complete and up-to-date reference library of manuals and operational documents as required by regulators for the class of operations conducted
- Developing applications for approvals, exemptions and permissions where required to facilitate operations
- Developing checklists and procedures relating to flight operations.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- A current CASA Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) including the category of multi-rotor and/or helicopter
- Demonstrable experience in flying manual mode or FPV, not just autonomous or GPS-assisted flight (advantageous)
- A CASA-recognised flight crew licence such as CPL/PPL (A) or (H)
- A CASA-recognised instrument rating
- Training & assessment qualifications, such as pilot instructor qualifications or current Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
- Experience working with company Operations Manuals and Procedures Libraries ,and development of documentation for regulatory compliance
- A current Australian car drivers licence
The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to be part of a great team, great company and to pioneer the way in a new generation of sport, innovation and aircraft technologies.
Airspeeder/Alauda is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with us is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, colour, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?