Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, UK
Salary Range: Competitive DOE
Callen-Lenz specialises in manned and unmanned aircraft operations and technology. Our business is rapidly expanding in one of the most exciting and technically challenging areas of aerospace: that of unmanned aviation.
As an Unmanned Aircraft Pilot & Engineer you will be reporting to the Flight Test and Customer Services Team Leader while also being accountable to the Head of Flight Operations for safe conduct of UAS flight and maintenance operations in accordance with the Company Operating System (OS). This exciting role will place the right candidate at the forefront of unmanned air systems (drone) development in the UK. We seek an experienced and competent employee possessing excellent RC flying skills on both fixed-wing and VTOL systems. As an unmanned aircraft pilot and engineer, you will be responsible for the development engineering, assembly and flying of company and customer unmanned air systems.
You will have a good understanding of radio control and autopilot control technologies together with experience in construction and maintenance of model aircraft or unmanned aircraft and an understanding of drone legislation as applied in the UK.
You will join our friendly team of software, aerospace and electronics engineers, aviation specialists and support staff in a small but rapidly growing company leading the way in this exciting field.
Based in the heart of rural Wiltshire but within easy access of the beautiful city of Salisbury, we are offering a competitive salary and pension scheme, 25 days annual leave, an employee benefits package including private health insurance, life cover, income protection and an opportunity to be at the forefront of this rapidly growing sector of aviation.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your fixed wing and piloting experience relevant to the required skills detailed below.
- Act as pilot in command of Company and customer unmanned air systems in accordance with regulatory and company procedures.
- Assist in prototype/development unmanned aircraft build
- Platform/product development flight test and system design input
- Represent the Company on deployed UAS flying trials in UK and abroad
- Become familiar with Company software and electronics products for the purposes of operations, test and development flying.
- Conduct autopilot integration, tuning and configuration working with software engineers
- Operate workshop tools and equipment to build, modify and maintain unmanned aircraft in a safe manner and in accordance with the Company OS
- Accurate recording of all company flying activities including logging of data, data manipulation and reporting.
- Use of rapid prototyping technologies such as 3D printing and laser cutting
- End UAS user experience/perspective desirable
- Perform other related duties as required
Must hold BMFA A or B certificate or other recognised national qualification.
- RC flying skills on both fixed wing and VTOL systems
- Construction and maintenance of model aircraft or unmanned aircraft
- A good understanding of radio control and autopilot control technologies
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Understanding of drone legislation as applied in the UK
- Ability to multi task safely in an aviation environment
- An interest in robotics or autonomy
- UAS Operating Skills
- Familiarity with rapid prototyping technologies such as 3D printing and laser cutting
- Must be a British Citizen or must have an existing right to work in the UK
- Ability to live near and work in Salisbury, Wiltshire UK
- Ability to commit to occasional national and international travel
- Ability to hold security clearance
By submitting your details you are consenting to us securely holding your personal data for up to five months. If you would like your details removed from our system before this time please email the Data Protection Officer on [email protected]