Delhi received the highest 24-hour rainfall this year, in 121 years. It has received 390 mm rainfall in September – the highest in 77 years, after 417 mm in September 1944. Delhi has recorded 1139 mm rainfall in four months, which is highest in 46 years, below 1155 mm in 1975, said RK Jenamani from IMD. Delhi has also witnessed seven heavy rain events this monsoon season so far, the highest in a decade, and these spells account for more than 60 percent of the rainfall recorded in the city, according to the India Meteorological Department data.
!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Haryana reports 14 fresh Covid cases, no new death
Haryana’s Covid tally rose to 7,70,640 on Saturday with 14 fresh cases, while the death toll remained at 9,686 as no new fatality was reported, according to the Health Department’s daily bulletin. Of the fresh cases, five were reported from Gurgaon and three from Ambala. There are 187 active cases in the state, while 7,60,423 people have recovered from the infection so far.
Zydus Cadila’s COVID-19 vaccine ZyCoV-D is likely to be launched in early October: Sources
Maharashtra | Police arrest a person for allegedly raping a 16-year-old girl in Palghar district. Case registered under relevant sections of IPC and POCSO Act. Accused was arrested within 24 hours of filing the complaint: Mahesh Patil, DCP, Crime Branch
UK records 156 new COVID-19 deaths, reports Reuters
Britain recorded 156 new deaths within 28 days of a positive COVID-19 test on Saturday. There were 29,547 news cases of the virus.
Kozhikode plane crash: AAIB report says pilot’s non-adherence to SOP probable cause
- The Aircraft Accident Investigation Bureau (AAIB) on Saturday released its probe report into the plane crash at Kozhikode airport in August last year that killed at least 20 people and injured several others.
- The probable cause of the accident was non-adherence to the standard operating procedure by the pilot flying the aircraft but the role of systemic failures as a contributory factor cannot be overlooked, the 257-page report said.
- The crash of Air India Express’s B737-800 aircraft happened on August 7 at the Kozhikode airport in Kerala. The plane coming from Dubai had overshot the runway at Kozhikode airport and later broke into pieces. There were 190 people onboard the ill-fated aircraft and at least 20 people, including the two pilots, were killed and several others were injured.
Mumbai rape | The Chief Minister directed the police to be more vigilant and take measures for the safety of women to ensure that Mumbai does not tarnish its image as a safe city: Chief Minister’s Secretariat
Kerala is facing serious social crises. Some of the important ones are presence of terrorist movements & shocking increase in drug use. Despite warnings by various investigative agencies, no probe was done into backgrounds of these groups: Kerala Catholic Bishops’ Council (KCBC)
Hyderabad is connected to 55 cities & flights of around 9 airlines take off from here. It has connectivity with 13 int’l locations. I’m happy to announce that under concessional agreement, Hyderabad airport will be expanded at the earliest. State Govt is ready: Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia
Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has called an urgent meeting of all senior Police officers in Mumbai: Chief Minister’s Office (CMO)
National Commission for Protection of Child Rights takes suo moto cognisance on report of a “14-yr-old gang-raped in Pune, 8 of 13 attackers arrested”; directs Pune Police Commissioner to inquire, ensuring that victim’s identity isn’t disclosed&send action taken report in 7 days.
Uttarakhand reports 24 new COVID-19 cases, 23 recoveries and zero deaths in the last 24 hours.
- Total cases: 3,43,211
- Total recoveries: 3,29,438
- Death toll: 7,389
- Active cases: 320
Today we launched the ‘Medicine from the Sky’ project in Vikarabad (Telangana). Under this project, vaccines and medicines will be made available to remote areas with the help of drones
– Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia in Hyderabad
Test results of 20 more people, from Nipah contact list, turned negative. 2 samples were tested in NIV Pune & remaining 18 were tested in a specially set up lab at Kozhikode Medical College. With this 108 samples were found negative: Kerala Health Min Veena George
Tamil Nadu reports 1,639 new COVID-19 infections, 1,517 discharges and 27 deaths in the last 24 hours.
- Total cases: 26,32,231
- Total recoveries: 25,80,686
- Death toll: 35,146
- Active cases: 16,399
Jammu and Kashmir National Conference today demanded a CBI inquiry into the death of senior party leader and former Member Legislative Council S Trilochan Singh Wazir in mysterious circumstances in Delhi: Jammu and Kashmir National Conference
Maharashtra reports 3,075 fresh COVID-19 infections, 3,056 recoveries and 35 deaths today
- Active cases: 16,672
- Total cases: 64,94,254
- Total recoveries: 63,02,816
- Death toll: 49,796
Covid-19: Karnataka reports 801 new cases, 1,142 recoveries and 15 deaths today
- Total cases: 29,60,932
- Total recoveries: 29,06,746
- Death toll: 37,487
- Active cases: 16,672
In Pics: ‘Medicine from the Sky’ project
Telangana: The 'Medicine from the Sky' project, which will help deliver medicines and vaccines to remote areas with… https://t.co/EXKe7TPzDS
— ANI (@ANI) 1631366853000
MSP of wheat to be sown in Nov-Dec has been announced. We’ve maintained max rate of sugarcane. Congress govt in Punjab increased rates after 3-4 yrs, whereas we’ve been increasing it every yr by approx Rs 10 per quintal & this year we’ve increased it by Rs 12: Haryana CM
Congress should stop misleading people. A specific section of people are involved in farmers’ stir. Not all of them are farmers. All such actions are politically motivated and everyone is aware of those who are behind such kinds of statements (against Haryana govt)
– Haryana CM ML Khattar
COVID-19: Kerala reports 20,487 new cases, 22,155 recoveries and 181 deaths in the last 24 hours.
- Death toll 22, 484
- Active cases 2,31,792
- Test positivity rate is 15.19%.
- 1,34,861 samples were tested in the last 24 hours.
Delhi has witnessed seven heavy rain events this monsoon season so far, the highest in a decade, and these spells account for more than 60 percent of the rainfall recorded in the city, according to the India Meteorological Department data.
Delhi received the highest 24-hour rainfall this year, in 121 years. It has received 390 mm rainfall in September – the highest in 77 years, after 417 mm in September 1944. Delhi has recorded 1139 mm rainfall in 4 months, which is highest in 46 years, below 1155 mm in 1975: RK Jenamani, IMD
Centre reduces standard rate of duty on Crude Palm Oil, Crude Soyabean oil & Crude Sunflower Oil to 2.5% with effect from Sept 11; standard rate of duty on Refined Palm Oils, Refined Soyabean oil & Refined Sunflower Oil reduced to 32.5%: Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
Covid-19: Andhra Pradesh reports 1,145 new cases, 1,090 recoveries and 17 deaths in the last 24 hours
- Active cases: 15,157
- Total cases: 20,28,795
- Death toll: 13,987
Heavy rainfall in Delhi will continue till tomorrow morning. It will cover Delhi-NCR, Punjab & Rajasthan. Systems over east Rajasthan & another forming over Bay of Bengal are likely to intensify further. Delhi will receive fresh spell of rain from Sept 17-18: RK Jennamani, IMD
BJP doesn’t have issues like farmers’ issues, cows or tribals anymore. They are left only with issues of religious conversion. I had said that the highest number of churches were constructed during the tenure of the BJP govt: Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel, in Raipur
COVID-19: Delhi reports 35 new cases, 44 recoveries and zero deaths
- Total cases 14,38,211
- Total recoveries 14,12,716
- Death toll 25,083
- Active cases 412
Study finds lung function unaffected post COVID-19 infection
- COVID-19 infection does not appear to affect the lung function of young adults, according to a recent study by clinical researchers. These findings were recently presented at the virtual European Respiratory Society International Congress.
- In the first study to investigate the impact of COVID-19 infection on lung function, researchers led by Dr Ida Mogensen, a post-doctoral fellow at the Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden, found that even patients with asthma did not show a statistically significant deterioration in lung function, although there was a trend towards slightly lower measurements for the amount of air they could exhale forcibly in one second – known as forced expiratory air volume in one second (FEV1), which is one of the measures of lung function.
- A second study presented at the congress on Sunday showed that the lung function in children and adolescents was also unimpaired after COVID-19 infection, apart from those who experienced a severe infection.
Ahead of Uttar Pradesh polls, BJP chief JP Nadda launches ‘booth Vijay Abhiyan
We have political leaders who go abroad for vacation even when Parliament session is underway. During Corona, every party & leader, except that of BJP, went into lockdown, under quarantine. BJP workers risked their lives & considered it their duty to help the needy: BJP chief
As per all surveys, a grand victory of BJP is certain in Uttar Pradesh with the blessings of the people. Not only in UP, but the return of BJP is certain in Uttarakhand, Goa and Manipur too
– BJP national president JP Nadda
Allahabad HC’s judgment disqualifying PM Indira Gandhi shook nation: CJI
- As President Ram Nath Kovind laid the foundation stone of Uttar Pradesh National Law University and Advocates Chambers at Allahabad High Court in Prayagraj, Chief Justice of India NV Ramana on Saturday said that the High Court has a history of over 150 years.
- Mentioning the 1975 judgment disqualifying PM Indira Gandhi, he said, “Allahabad HC has a history of more than 150 years. In 1975, it was Justice J Lal Singh, who passed the judgement disqualifying PM Indira Gandhi, which shook the nation.”
- “Today I was overwhelmed to be in the city of Kumbh, a city to know for its knowledge, a city in which Mahatama Gandhi declared the most peaceful war ever known against the Britishers,” Ramana added.
It is a matter of pride for us that under the leadership of PM Modi, the politics of casteism, familialism, dynasty and communalism in the country has been brought to an end and the politics of development has become popular: BJP national president JP Nadda
There is shared desire on both sides to see that travel resume between our countries as soon as it is safe to do so and I look forward to being one of the people at the airport to welcome the first arrivals of Indian students coming back to Australia. We are on way to vaccinate Australians to a level which would give us confidence to begin re-opening that will enable students to return in phase-3 and then in phase-4, a much more open environment for international travel that will include students: Australian FM Marise Payne
Iran invites IAEA chief for talks before showdown with West: Diplomats
- U.N. nuclear watchdog chief Rafael Grossi will fly to Tehran this weekend for talks that may ease a standoff between Iran and the West just as it risks escalating and scuppering negotiations on reviving the Iran nuclear deal, diplomats said on Saturday.
- Three diplomats who follow the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) closely said Grossi’s trip before next week’s meeting of the IAEA’s 35-nation board of governors was confirmed.
Quad is a platform where 4 countries have come to cooperate for their benefit & world’s benefit. I think a term like NATO (by China) is a Cold war term, looking back. Quad looks at the future. It reflects globalisation & compulsion of countries to work together
– EAM S Jaishankar
I want to thank BJP for giving me this opportunity to serve as Gujarat’s CM. During my tenure, I got the opportunity to add to the development of the state under PM Modi’s leadership
– Vijay Rupani in Gandhinagar
9/11 terrorists failed to shake belief in democracy, says UK PM Boris Johnson
Today we remember the 2,977 people taken from us on September 11th 2001. But while the terrorists imposed their bu… https://t.co/WaHK5ln5mQ
— Boris Johnson (@BorisJohnson) 1631348318000
Today is 20th anniversary of 9/11, it is a reminder of importance of combating terrorism without compromise: EAM S Jaishankar
I acknowledge 9/11 anniversary, it is a reminder of barbaric acts of terrorism. India is a rising Indo pacific great power. We both depend on free & open excess to sea lines in the Indo pacific, for trade & economic well-being
– Australia Defence Minister Peter Dutton
As democratic polities, market economies and pluralistic societies we have a natural bonding that has assumed contemporary relevance in a changing world: EAM Dr S Jaishankar issues joint statement after the ‘2+2’ ministerial dialogue with Australia
Australia & India share a positive vision of free, open & secure Indo pacific. Last month saw fall of Kabul, future of Afghanistan remains central concern
– Australian Foreign Minister Marise Payne
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani resigns
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani on Saturday resigned from the post. Rupani, who made the announcement while talking to reporters, did not reveal what prompted him to step down. Legislative Assembly elections in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s home state are due next year.
IPL 2021: Mumbai Indians fly in Rohit Sharma, Suryakumar and Bumrah to Abu Dhabi in charter
Visuals: Waterlogging in Delhi NCR
#WATCH | Children swim amid heavily waterlogged roads following continuous rains in the National Capital; visuals f… https://t.co/Pf9YpFXHde
— ANI (@ANI) 1631350818000
Focusing to vaccinate students above 18 years of age, teachers and professors on priority, says J&K LG Manoj Sinha
Last month, a new history was created with the appointment of three female judges in the Supreme Court. Out of 33 judges in the apex court, presence of four female judges is the highest in the history of the judiciary (in India).
– President Ram Nath Kovind
Medicine delivery by drones to be piloted in 16 green zones in Telangana, says Scindia
Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiradtiya Scindia on Saturday said “Medicines from the Sky’ project under which drugs and vaccines are delivered using drones, will be taken up on a pilot basis in 16 green zones in Telangana and scaled up to the national level based on data.
A 100-day plan comprising 16 issues related to airport, policy and reforms has been prepared. Air taxi and sky taxi are the future of the country, hoping to see India becoming drone capital by 2030.
– Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotraditya Scindia
Civil Aviation Minister Jyotraditya Scindia launches ‘Medicine From the Sky’ project
“It is a first of its kind project aimed at transporting vaccines and essentials to remote areas using drones,” the minister said.
Want to make India a destination for international arbitration, says Law Minister Kiren Rijiju
“To improve our judicial system, we must target to deliver justice to common man. We must focus on how common man is delivered with justice on time and bridge gap between common man and justice, said Union Law Minister Kiren Rijiju on Saturday.
Developments in Afghanistan will be an important subject of discussion today. This meeting is an opportunity to review and take forward the Comprehensive Strategic Partnership as we prepare for another meeting between our Prime Ministers later this month in the US.
– EAM S Jaishankar
We are meeting at a time when, along with a pandemic we have a geopolitical environment which is in rapid flux and we must bilaterally respond adequately to safeguard our national interests.
– EAM S Jaishankar at India-Australia 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue
COVID-19 affected economies of world, including that of India, but our economy bounced back more than it went down: PM Modi
After discussions, we have collectively decided to call off the protest here (outside mini-secretariat).
– Haryana Bharatiya Kisan Union chief Gurnam Singh Charuni after a meeting with the administration in Karnal
IPL 2021: All players coming from UK must undergo six days of quarantine, BCCI tells franchises
School dropout rate in Gujarat less than one per cent: PM Modi
Pakistan’s PIA to start commercial flights to Kabul from Monday: Spokesman
Waterlogging at Delhi airport
Delhi: Waterlogging at Indira Gandhi International Airport (Terminal 3) after national capital received heavy rain… https://t.co/03T9ZdeKkV
— ANI (@ANI) 1631339863000