The SCORPION XL UAS is the first of its type super heavy lift drone. With its large frame, the UAS is capable of transporting a broad variety of payloads weighing up to 1000 pounds. Both top and bottom mounting options allow for unparalleled versatility.
The existing prototype is an impressive size, 18 feet from prop tip to prop tip.
Six booms hold twelve motors creating 2,694 pounds of thrust.
- Maximum cargo weight: 1,000 lbs (454 kg)
- Empty weight: 180 lbs (82 kg)
- Flight time: Up to 6 hours (using fuel cells for the power source)
- Maximum speed: 43 knots (49 mph, 80 km/h)
- Maximum altitude: 1,000 feet MSL
- Propellers: 12
- Electric Motors: 12
- Power source: Electric batteries or fuel cells
- Airframe material: 7075 aircraft aluminum, outer skin is carbon fiber/Kevlar hybrid panels
- Propeller booms: Titanium tubing
- Landing gear: 4 landing legs (cargo attaches to the bottom of the landing legs)
- Airframe size: 28 inches H X 44 inches W X 72 inches L (711 mm H X 1,118 mm W X 1828 mm L)
- Safety Features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers and motors on the aircraft so if one or more motors or propellers fail, the other working motors and propellers can safely land the aircraft. If one or more motors fail, the drone will go into recovery mode. If all motors shut down, a parachute will land the drone to safety.