The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation is preparing for winter, not by stockpiling road salt or buying new plows, but by advertising for help.
PennDOT says it is hiring Transportation Equipment/CDL Operators, Deisel & Construction Equipment and Auto Mechanics and positions as radio dispatcher, custodian, stock clerk, semi-skilled labor, welder and tradesman helper.
Pay rates range from $14.25 to over $20.
PennDOT offers a listing of available jobs and rates:
Starting hourly rates are:
· Transportation Equipment/CDL Operator ($19.24)
· Diesel & Construction Equipment Mechanic ($20.40)
· Auto Mechanic ($18.08)
· Semi-Skilled Laborer ($16.05)
· Tradesman Helper ($16.05)
· Welder ($18.08)
· Radio Dispatcher ($14.25)
· Custodial Worker ($14.25)
· Stock Clerk ($14.25)
The work is available on a seasonal basis from September 2021 to April 2022 with potential for promotion to a permanent possession.
Applications can be found at www.employment.pa.gov.