Sinclair seeks to attract an academically and culturally diverse faculty that carries out the mission of the college with dedication, innovation and a commitment to the success of each student. The Science, Math, & Engineering Division invites applications for an Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) tenure-track faculty position in the Aviation Technology department that will begin January 2, 2022.
Review of applications begin October 25, 2021.
Carry out the six Critical Performance areas that define a tenure-track faculty appointment:
- Scholarship and Professional Growth: Maintain and seek to improve currency and competence in the discipline and as a teacher
- Teaching and Learning Facilitation: Participate in the continuing development and implementation of the department’s curriculum through teaching that reflects a strong commitment to fostering student success
- Assessment and Evaluation: Implement evaluations according to established standards and use assessment data to continuously improve teaching and learning
- Student Development: Through in-class and out-of-class initiatives, actively seek to advance the development of individual students and their capacity to meet their educational goals
- Curriculum Design: In collaboration with colleagues, actively contribute to the continuous review and revision of the department’s curriculum
- Workplace and Community Service: Contribute to the operation and advancement of the college through committee service and other activities
The following specific department related accountabilities:
- Promote program development and enrollment growth of the Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) program
- Participate, market and promote Sinclair’s aviation programs with professional societies, industrial associations, airshows and other events as applicable
- Teach courses involving UAS operations, sensors, maintenance, design, data analysis, crew resource management, human factors, navigation, FAA regulations and other related courses
- Minimum of a master degree is required, bachelor degree with significant industrial experience and related certifications may be accepted initially in lieu of a master’s degree. A master’s degree is required to be eligible to apply for tenure. Applicants who do not possess a master’s degree are eligible to apply for the position but will be required to obtain a master’s degree prior to being eligible for tenure.
- Minimum of three years of relevant aviation experience in an operational, managerial, technical or instructional position in UAS or a related aviation industry required
- FAA certificates commensurate with relevant aviation experience preferred
- Part 107 sUAS Remote pilot certificate required
- Private, Instrument and Commercial pilot ratings preferred
- Experience with Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) required
- A demonstrated commitment to improving student learning through innovative strategies shown to help students succeed at the course and program level required
- Effective communication skills and interpersonal skills with the capacity to work successfully in a culturally diverse college community required
- Demonstrated skills in using modern educational technology, including multimedia-based instruction required
A contract for employment will not be issued without receiving official transcripts for all post-secondary degrees and successful completion of a background check.